Ceramic coatings are very popular among car enthusiasts these days. You may wonder if they live up to the hype. The answer is an emphatic yes. Let’s take a look at all the reasons why you absolutely should apply a ceramic coat to your car.
The benefits of ceramic coatings
Ceramic coatings offer the longest lasting protection for your car’s paintwork. Once you apply the coating, you will enjoy the following benefits for years before you will need to apply a new one:
- Powerful hydrophobic layer: A ceramic coating forms a strong chemical bond with the clear coat and forms an extremely effective hydrophobic layer that repels water and water-based dirt with ease. Water simply beads and rolls off.
- Protection against sun fade: Ceramic coats protect your paintwork against UV rays, preventing it from fading over time.
- Anti-stain protection: A ceramic car coating will easily repel any chemical contaminants that might come into contact with your car. Stains will simply never be allowed to form on the surface of the vehicle, and will be washed off with ease.
- Easy to wash: The result of the above benefits is that your car is much easier to clean. Often, you only need to spray it down with a hose or a jet washer to clean off any dirt.
- Finish enhancement: Aside from all of this, a ceramic coating will simply make your car look better. It adds more shine to an already glossy paint job and gives your vehicle that showroom candy gloss that everybody wants their car to maintain forever.